Subject: Re: Trees and Sheela-na-gigs
From: "Patricia A. Tomasulo" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 10 Feb 1994 17:11:32 EDT

Besides the thorns, Hawthorn or whitethorn,  and blackthorn, the faeries
like lindens (or limes - tilia I don't remember the rest of the Latin name
now) and elder (sambuca negra I think), which are all especially magical
trees with absolutely heavenly blossoms which make wonderful, wonderful teas
- hawthorn too, besides having incredible medicinal values.

Thank you so much to Sara Champion for the wealth of archeological info, and
please, please, any and all info on sheela-na-gigs would be most welcome. I
spent a bit of time looking for sheelas in Ireland, especially in places
there was reputed to be one, but only found a very few. I would especially
love to have as specific details as you could provide.
Thanks,
Slan
-Patricia