Subject: Re: Rowan trees
From: Michael Helm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 10 Feb 1994 12:33:27 -0800

On Feb 10,  8:53am, Wendy Hudson wrote:
> about legality, but did commemnt that the European variety was not very hardy
   in
> the Minnesota climate (type 4), so I imagine it wouldn't thrive in upstate NY

My dad planted & grew a couple of these in our yard in
a northern suburb of Minneapolis.  They grew alrite, but
were always a little on the short & stubby side.  Compared to
the maples that shot up elsewhere, planted about the same time.

But then he was a kind of wizard with plants.  After he
died, they did too, a few years later.