Subject: Re: La Tene. Museum?
From: "Sherry L. Terry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 16 Feb 1994 10:39:07 -0600

John, I'm directing this to the list as well as to you directly.  I
responded yesterday to the list, but have not seen that reply yet...

>Dia Dhibh a cha/irde go le/ir,
>I have been diving in to the origins of the Celts and find it fascinating that
>there are so many Celtic archeological sites throughout Europe.  In fact the
>European manufacturing center for my company is in Cortaillod and I gather
>there is a major exhibit in a museum at Neuchatel close by from the La Tene
>site at LAke Neuchatel. (I am in California)
>Does anyone know the name of the museum?   Any details of what can be seen at
>the archaelogical site or in the museum?
Your local art museum has a directory of world museums.  Perhaps they can
tell you the name, info over the telephone.

>Also I came across some papers from a major Celtic Exhibition in Venice in
>1991.  Are exhibitions/conferences like this held regularly?  How often?
> Where??
The Celtic Studies Association of North America is a good group
(professional, publishing in nature) to inquire into.  I can provide info
if you desire.

>What is a good source of literature for recent discoveries of Celtic culture?
>I have just about exhausted the local libraries (T.G.E. Powell, Nora Chadwick,
>Stuart Piggott).
The exhibition catalogue from that Munich show is the one to see/own.  It's
large (about 2 inches thick, about 15 inches by 18 inches), and is complete
with contributions from the world's best current Celtic experts.  There is,
of course, a large bibliography in the back.  My local art museum library
had a hard copy, I ordered a softback copy from a bookstore in NYC.  Info
forthcoming, if you desire.  Hope this helps.  Best, Sherry

Sherry L. Terry                "I made this letter longer than usual because
Baylor College of Medicine.            I lack the time to make it shorter."
[ [log in to unmask] ]                        Pascal, Provincial Letters XVI