Subject: Acorns and other Designs?
From: Christine Craig V <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 10 Feb 1994 11:50:34 -0700

        I am unfamiliar with the signifagance of acorns to scottish
people. I am in possesion of an authentic kilt, (It was passed down to me
by my step-father who is scottish) along with a sporin and a thick leather
belt with a silver buckle. The Buckle is carved with intricate little
designs of acorns and such.  I know that I am very lucky to be the one who
was given this family treasure.. and treasure it I do! but I am wondering
about the design on the belt (I was told that it was my step-fathers
family design.) and I am also wondering about the strange design that is
on the sporin. If anyone would please be so kind as to reply soon I would
be greatful. Thank you very much. (My step-father is no longer around to ask)

                                        Christine V Craig