Subject: Re: Scots vs. Irishmen
From: "Tom R. Schultz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 8 Feb 1994 08:44:20 CST

      As far as I know, the Latin word SCOTORUM was a generic term for all of t
he Gaels in Ireland and Scotland. We know that the Gaels came to be in Scotland
 sort of through the back door when the Irish Gaels settled the Dalriada. Maybe
 the Scots have a little extra Viking blood thrown in. Who knows?
      Slainte Mhor,
  Tom R. Schultz