Subject: Bangor and Iona
From: DENISE INGLIS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 14 Feb 1994 17:58:25 -0600

I am looking for information on the Irish monasteries of Bangor (Co. Down)
and Iona and their daughter-houses: Annegray, Luxeuil, St. Gall and Bobbio
for Bangor; Lindisfarne, Wearmouth-Jarrow and Durrow for Iona.  I find
plenty of stuff on Irish monasticism in general, but I'm looking for specific
info on any or all of these particular monasteries.  Also info on St. Comgall
(sp?) the founder of Bangor.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Denise Inglis