Celtic Myth Readers

Douglas Macgowan <[log in to unmask]>

CELTIC-L - The Celtic Culture List.

Mon, 15 Nov 1993 13:07:21 PST

I have been searching for general readers on Celtic mythology, and
haven't found anything. There are a lot of fine books out there
that look at Celtic mythology from an academic perspective, but I
haven't found anything that just relates the myths for the general
reader, like Bullfinch and Edith Hamilton did for the Greek and
Roman myths (to differing degrees of success). I have found
Charles Squire's and Lady Gregory's books from the early 1900s,
but nothing lately - with the exception of Authurian myths.

Am I missing something, or is there not such a general reader
available?

- Douglas MacGowan