Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: Re: Everyone must be vacationing
From: George Keith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 6 Aug 93 10:22:29 CDT

> I suppose everyone is off enjoying festivals, life, etc. (Should I
> have had anything this last week?)

At the rate things have been popping up, the answer is probably "yes",
but only if you *really* like travelling.. :)

> A few random questions-
>
> Does anyone know if Alan Feldman's photographs in _The Northern
> Fiddler_ can be purchased? A big print of John Doherty would look
> nice over the piano...

Please post an answer to this one... I am interested myself.  Not
(fiddle) that I am (fiddle) biased, or (fiddle) anything... :)

> Are there exciting jobs available for anyone who plays Irish
> music/has some tourist skills?

If the answer to this one is "yes" I am quite interested in hearing
about it.  For some reason, I am a little skeptic, though.

> Does anyone know why some people are vehemently against a
> rec.music.celtic? Is it a nationalism thing?

I think it's primarily because they don't want to deal with lots and
lots of extraneous newsgroups that cover similar topics.  Also (If I
understand right) the lines dividing "celtic" music from other types
are not as clear cut as people would like (ie: groups like Steeleye
Span being called 'celtic').  Personally, I think that it isn't such a
big deal.

> Anyone coming up for Milwaukee Irish fest interested in getting
> together with the local Milwaukee session gang for some "cross-
> fertilization" (musical, of course)?

Sure thing.  Here's a question for you... Does anybody have the latest
schedule for this festival?  Even more importantly, does anybody have
recommendations on where the best sessions will be?  Just curious...

--Georgi