Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: Everyone must be vacationing
From: Edward A Beimborn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 6 Aug 93 15:57:04 GMT

I suppose everyone is off enjoying festivals, life, etc. (Should I
have had anything this last week?)
A few random questions-
Does anyone know if Alan Feldman's photographs in _The Northern
Fiddler_ can be purchased? A big print of John Doherty would look
nice over the piano...
Are there exciting jobs available for anyone who plays Irish
music/has some tourist skills?
Does anyone know why some people are vehemently against a Is it a nationalism thing?
Anyone coming up for Milwaukee Irish fest interested in getting
together with the local Milwaukee session gang for some "cross-
fertilization" (musical, of course)?
A few points of interest:
I took someone's advice (Rick Gagne, I think) on tenor banjo strings
in Irish tuining, and met with success. It was this method: use the
C, G, & D strings to make the DAE notes, and use a single guitar low
E string to make a G. Nice tense strings, fairly good tone.
Keep pickin'/Bowin'/whistlin'
Dan Beimborn