Subject: celtic cultural centers
From: Dineen Grow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 29 Jul 93 09:16:00 CDT

Good morning,

I am looking for some advice from any members of this list who
may have been involved in establishing formal centers in their
cities for the promulgation of celtic culture.   I am writing
from Madison, WI and we have a small group of people interested
in establishing a center here where celtic languages, history,
dance, music, geneology, literature, etc. could be taught.

We are aware of the efforts of the folks in Milwaukee who are
doing much the same thing, as well as the wonderful success of
the Chicago Irish Heritage Center and Gaelic Park.  We are most
interested in hearing from other areas of the country where
centers have also been established or where discussions are
taking place to establish a center.

We have a whole list of questions, but instead of posting them to
everyone on the list, I would appreciate it if you would contact
me directly if you have experience in this area.

Dineen Grow**Room 170, Memorial Library**University of Wisconsin-Madison**
728 State Street**Madison, WI 53706**(608) 263-1721**[log in to unmask]