Help for GAELIC-L Archives

GAELIC-L Archives

Subject: Forum for Research on the Languages of Scotland and Ulster
From: "Caoimhin P. ODonnaile" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 16 May 93 22:48:56 BST

[GA] Tha mi a' cur an sanas seo air adhart airson an "Forum for
Research on the Languages of Scotland and Ulster".  Fhuair mi a' chiad
cuairt-litir den Forum bho chionn beagan seachdainean.  Seo leabharan
a th'ann, 's e loma-lan d'fhiosrachadh mu rannsachadh a tha a' dol air
Bha co\ir ceastanan a chur gu <Address any queries to> :
Dr. Caroline Macafee, Ulster Folk and Transport Museum, Cultra,
Holywood, BT18 0EU, Co. Down, Northern Ireland, UK.
  "The Forum for Research on the Languages of Scotland and Ulster exists
   to bring together researchers on the native languages (English, Scots,
   Irish and Scottish Gaelic), present or past, of these areas.  This
   organisation is a revival of the former Universities Forum for Research
   on the Languages of Scotland.  Our first Newsletter in our new
   incarnation has just appeared, and our first conference, on computer-
   assisted research, will be held in Glasgow, on 11 September 1993.
   Conference contact: Ann Karkalas, Department of Adult Education,
   University of Glasgow, G12 8LW, UK.  Membership of the Forum costs
   #5.00 per calendar year, and is open to persons involved in relevant