Help for GAELIC-L Archives

GAELIC-L Archives

Subject: Re: leithsgeul
From: MARC O/ CONAILL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 22 Nov 91 14:45:00 GMT

Craig Cockburn writes that a common Gaelic language would be benefitial.
Well I don't agree with this.  Firstly the example he quotes of British
and Americian English is not a valid one as these have obviously far
more in common that Ga\ighlig and Gaeilge.  If software writing and
publishing, for example, were to be done in a common language does this
mean that in the future we don't do these things in Ga\idhlig or Gaeilge?
Would this not be inclined to happen?  More effort needs to be put into
translation facilities between both languages so that people can obtain
important published works of onw language in the other.

Marc O/ Conaill