Help for GAELIC-L Archives

GAELIC-L Archives

Subject: Re: Seanfhocail De/ardaoin
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Thu, 8 Nov 90 14:56:38 gmt

A Chatri/ona,
              Tha Ga\idhlig gle/ mhath agad!  Cha robh meurachd sam bith
sa rud a sgriobh thu.

Jamie's Smail address is
            Jamie R. MacDonald
            School of Scottish Studies
            Edinburgh University
            27 George Square
            Edinburgh

His Email address in the U.K. is
(Don't forget his middle initial, because there is another J.MacDonald in
the Chemistry Department.)   In the U.K., Email addresses are the opposite
way round from the rest of the world, so to you his address would be
Anyway, you just substitute "J.R.MacDonald" for "C.P.ODonnaile" in whatever
address you use to reach me.

I think there were actually three candidates in the Irish presidential
election.  Ireland was all abuzz with it when I was there.  Something about
a scandal.  Anyway it was all beyond me.  I was more interested in the
Oireachtas - the Irish Gaelic festival I was attending.  I think that none
of the present candidates speak Gaelic as well as the departing president.
I may be wrong.  But if it is true it is a very bad thing, considering the
number of official and cultural events they have to speak at.

Beannachd leat an dra\sda,
Caoimhi/n