CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

CSOUND Home

CSOUND  August 2018

CSOUND August 2018

Re: Shimmer Reverb

Steven Yi <[log in to unmask]>

A discussion list for users of Csound <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 22 Aug 2018 22:40:07 -0400

Hi Dr. B,

Glad you're enjoying it!  I think it'd make sense to make this into a
UDO, but making it into a C opcode might not be so good since it'd
sort of set it in stone. My own take is that it'd have more value as a
UDO since users could modify it easily, say to replace the reverb with
freeverb or nreverb or some other custom code; maybe swap out to
linear interpolating delay lines; swap out the pitch shifter; make the
delay ping-pong between the channels; etc.

I'll look at making this a commented .udo file with test .csd and
upload it to the my libsyi project.  (I'll reply here when that's
ready.)

Thanks!
steven