Help for CSOUND Archives

CSOUND Archives

CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

CSOUND Home

CSOUND  November 2017

CSOUND November 2017

Re: New Windows installer release candidate

Steven Yi <[log in to unmask]>

A discussion list for users of Csound <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 17 Nov 2017 19:30:37 -0500

I put in a few hours of Windows debugging and I think I've fixed some
things.  I've done some simple tests running Tarmo's CsoundQt 0.9.5
build, Blue, and live coding with Csound UDP server and it all ran
here for me. I tried this with my local Visual Studio build as well as
with the Appveyor build:

https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/nlyr0fywd2lk9s6y/artifacts/msvc%2FSetup_Csound_x64_6.10.0rc-vst.exe

The AppVeyor build does not have CsoundQT included, though it appears
to package all of the QT libraries.

For multicore, I managed to get it to the point where it doesn't crash
but now it just hangs.  (Devs: I think it has to do with the
ATOMIC_CAS code, thinking it should be using different
InterlockedCompareExchange function for pointers rather than
longs...).  I'll announce here when I get further with that.

Otherwise, for those testing on Windows, please do use try a new round
of testing with the version above and report any issues.

Thanks!
steven

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 3:53 PM, Rory Walsh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I have to say, apart from that one little thing, it runs very well for me. I
> was telling Steven earlier how happy I am to step through Csound code with
> the Visual Studio debugger! We've waited a long time for this privilege!
> Hats off to all involved once again.
>
> On 17 November 2017 at 20:28, Michael Gogins <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the information, I will debug it when I get a chance. That's
>> probably very helpful.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mike
>>
>> On Nov 17, 2017 14:44, "Rory Walsh" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>>
>>> It looks like the crash on exit might have something to do with
>>> vst4cs.dll? Visual Studio points me there at any rate. Removing it the from
>>> the plugin folder seems to resolve the issue for me.

>>> Csound mailing list [log in to unmask]
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
>>> be posted here