CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

CSOUND Home

CSOUND  March 2016

CSOUND March 2016

Re: What happened to scanned synthesis?

Tarmo Johannes <[log in to unmask]>

A discussion list for users of Csound <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 29 Mar 2016 23:23:22 +0300

Hi,

what could be useful for you -  I did quite a lot of experimentation with
various combinations of parameters and compiled a number of "presets" to pull
out from scanned synthesis. I attach the file here.

If you use CsoundQt, open Live event sheets and you can play around with the
presest and different parameters.

I like scanned synthesis in the sence that the sound has it own life and it
just develops. The sound tends to be quite sharp (lots of harmonics), so it
can be very good material for various filters.

Definitely go on and let hear, what you will find!

Cheers!
tarmo