Audacity 2.1.2 changed the way plugins are loaded. They are not re-checked every time Audacity starts,
but only once when you enable new plugins. This means adding new CSDs requires a little more work.
On OSX, this is what you need to do:
1. Make sure csladspa64.so is in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/LADSPA together with your CSDs. If you
have only a csladspa64.dylib there, rename it to csladspa64.so, and add your CSDs.
2. If this is the first time you are loading csladspa plugins you can jump to 4. below
3. Delete these files in your home directory under Library/Application Support/audacity/
pluginregistry.cfg and pluginsettings.cfg
4. Open Audacity, under effect menu, Add/Remove plugins, and enable csladspa64.so, click OK,
the plugins will be loaded.
5. From then onwards, the only way to add new csladspa CSD plugins is to repeat 3 and 4. It is a pain
because in the old audacity, we could add them at any time and re-start audacity.
This should allow you to use your csladspa CSDs as plugins.
Dr Victor Lazzarini
Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies and Philosophy,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
Csound mailing list
[log in to unmask]
Send bugs reports to
Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here