CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

CSOUND Home

CSOUND  January 2016

CSOUND January 2016

Re: Disparition de Pierre Boulez

jpff <[log in to unmask]>

A discussion list for users of Csound <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 7 Jan 2016 14:39:37 +0000

At least in the UK the passing of Boulez made the main national news on
the BBC radio.  Naturally we expect this on Radio3 who have already played
one piece in tribute, but Radio 4....

Stockhausen is "Composer of the week" and Lamonte Young had his 5hr
"Well-tempered Piano" played the other night -- I listened on "Listen
Again" -- a great piece.

I will remember Boulez for both his music and his conducting.

On Thu, 7 Jan 2016, Rory Walsh wrote:

> Sad news. He lived to a fair old age. I think almost all of the 'modern'
> composers I studied in college are now deceased. I wonder if today's composers
> will ever make the same impact these guys did. I seriously doubt it.
>
> On 7 January 2016 at 14:03, Enrico Francioni
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>       http://www.ircam.fr/creation.html?event=1592

Csound mailing list
Send bugs reports to