CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

CSOUND Home

CSOUND  January 2016

CSOUND January 2016

Re: A couple quick questions..

Peter Burgess <[log in to unmask]>

A discussion list for users of Csound <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 5 Jan 2016 23:02:49 +0000

Hmm, I'm not sure exactly what's causing your volume problem. The only
thing I can think of is if your filter envelope (for the butterbp has
a long attack, it might sound like it's getting louder after the amp
envelopes attack, but that's a stab in the dark.

Talking of the butterbp, you might want to add something to the cutoff
frequency there, similar to the oscillator freq, as it's currently
also following a path from 0 to ifreq and back again.

A further thought on the timbre not being right is that in VCO2...

avco2 vco2    iamp,(ifreq*kadsrpitch)+(ifreq*gkdet)+klfo,0    ;0 is saw

...you multiply the second instance of ifreq by the detune, but not
the first. Again, this might be intensional, or I might be thinking
about it wrong, but I have a hunch that....

avco2 vco2    iamp,(ifreq*gkdet*kadsrpitch)+(ifreq*gkdet)+klfo,0    ;0 is saw

...might work better.

Victor: I've assumed all this time that expseg does purely exponential
curves, which would mean that on the decay/release portions the curve
would be backwards for pitch. Is it actually logarithmic on the way
down and so matches the attack curve?

Csound mailing list
Send bugs reports to
        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues