Help for SEANCHAS-L Archives

SEANCHAS-L Archives

Subject: Verses of the Irish blessing
From: Felicitas Payk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 1 Mar 2012 10:32:53 +0100

Dear list members,
I am turning to your collective wisdom once again. I'm in a mixed choir, and
following my suggestion, we are doing the famous Irish blessing which
starts: "May the road rise to meet you". I'm aware that there is more than
one verse to this blessing, but unfortunately I don't know them. Thus, we
only do the first verse, namely:
May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
the sun shine warm upon your face,
the rains fall soft upon your fields,
and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.
I'm looking for additional verses and am very appreciative of any help you
can give me.
Additionally, for my own interest: Does anyone know where I can find the
blessing in Irish, and does anyone know a youtube link to a performance of
it in Irish?
Thanks very much in advance,
Feli