Help for OLD-IRISH-L Archives

OLD-IRISH-L Archives

Subject: Re: Araile anchore, part 2 -- 2d manuscript source
From: Liz Gabay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 12 Mar 2012 22:52:41 +0000

I found a second manuscript source for our story, available on ISOS. The
catalog description says it is 15th century vellum.
 The scribe was Tadcc Ua Rigbard[ái]n.

     This version of the story was published as  ‘The Monastery of Tallaght’, ed.
E. J. Gwynn & W. J. Purton, Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy 29C (1911-
12) 115-180.

Go to www.isos.dias.ie

    Royal Irish Academy collection,  MS 3 B 23 (this is catalog number 1227
elsewhere)   page 44, column b.  Our story starts in the 3rd line from the top.
The spelling is quite different than in our original manuscript.  I haven't looked
at the entire page but the beginning is  nearly identical to our other
manuscript.  Liz