Help for SEANCHAS-L Archives

SEANCHAS-L Archives

Subject: Re: [OLD-IRISH-L] (Fwd) Picture with evil eye
From: Marion Gunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 8 Feb 2012 15:53:31 +0000

Am fwding the rather unusual query below to members the CELTIC_ART list.
having first deleted personal identifiers, so a response to any of the
following lists will serve: CELTIC_ART, OLD-IRISH-L, SEANCHAS-L (S-L
being our folklore list, where the query actually originated).

All advice welcome.
mg

Scríobh 08/02/2012 15:42 [...]:
> The person mentioned below being also a friend of mine, I forward
> this message also to this list.

> Date sent:      	Wed, 08 Feb 2012 14:28:42 +0000
> Send reply to:  	List for Scholars and Students of Gaelic Folk
> Traditions
> [...]
> Subject:        	[SEANCHAS-L] Picture with evil eye
> To:             	[log in to unmask]
>
> [ Double-click this line for list subscription options ]
>
> A friend is looking for a 'Celtic' picture which includes an evil
> eye.
> Such things are found in Roman art, but don't (as far as I know)
> occur in early or later medieval Irish art. Does anyone know of such
> thing? I was wondering about Celtic Revival art. I am stumped. Can
> anyone help?[...]

Marion Gunn * eGteo (Estab.1991)
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn, Baile an
Bhóthair, An Charraig Dhubh,
Co. Átha Cliath, Éire/Ireland.
* [log in to unmask] * [log in to unmask] *