Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Conference: First International Volvox Conference
From: Matthew Herron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 10 Oct 2011 10:26:46 -0700

This is a reminder that the registration deadline is approaching for
the First International Volvox Conference (details below).
To register, go to www.unbf.ca/vip/IVC/registration.html and submit
your abstract at www.unbf.ca/vip/IVC/abstracts.html by October 15th.
We welcome researchers studying other algae with an interest in the
evolution of multicellularity, cellular differentiation and
development, comparative genomics, and multilevel selection.
Conference information:
Please join us for the 1st International Volvox Conference (focused on
the green alga Volvox and its close relatives) to be held December
1-4, 2011 at the Biosphere 2, in Arizona, USA (www.b2science.org/).
This is the first of what we hope to be a long series of Volvox
meetings to be held every other year, alternating with the
Chlamydomonas meetings. For additional information and updates
(including preliminary program, registration and abstract submission
deadlines) please visit the Conference page at
www.unbf.ca/vip/IVC/index.htm.In addition to sessions (contributed
papers and posters) on various aspects of the biology, taxonomy,
ecology, development and evolution of Volvox and its relatives, we are
organizing a workshop on Volvox genetics and genomics that will
provide a forum to discuss emerging tools and methods (or ways of
adapting those that have been developed in other systems) to enhance
our understanding of genetically-controlled processes in this group of
algae.
Thank you and hope to see you all at the Biosphere 2 in December!
Best wishes,

Aurora M. Nedelcu
University of New Brunswick
Department of Biology
PO Box 4400
Fredericton, New Brunswick
Canada E3B 5A3

Matthew D. Herron, PhD
Department of Zoology
University of British Columbia
http://www.eebweb.arizona.edu/grads/mherron/

ALGAE-L
Algae-L is a listerver list for the phycological community; you are receiving this message because you subscribed to the list.