Help for OLD-IRISH-L Archives

OLD-IRISH-L Archives

Subject: Re: Tartessian 2
From: Carl Edlund Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 6 Aug 2011 11:54:50 -0500

Zeidler's paper sounds particularly interesting.  I remain intrigued by the "Celtic from the West" hypothesis - in the sense of an evolution of a Celticky flavour of IE along the Atlantic seaboard in the later Bronze Age -- though I think I would be inclined to think of it separately from the "Tartessian is Celtic" hypothesis (as the Tartessian stuff is, of course, considerably later than any "Atlantic Bronze Age Celtic" would be).  It looks likely to remain controversial, though!

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson