Subject: Re: Legalcitation.ie
From: Patricia Madden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 19 Aug 2011 15:24:46 +0200

Hi Jennifer,

Well done to all involved.  Best of luck with the project.

It would be great to have a standard citation system across all colleges and publishers in Ireland.

I found the OSCOLA website to be very informative and helpful when I was writing up for a Masters a few years ago. It was really worthwhile working through the OSCOLA guidance document and going back to it when I had doubts. I wished I had come across it years earlier.

The OSCOLA Ireland Quick Reference and full citation guide documents are very useful.

I would suggest that anyone starting out on a thesis or article could usefully confirm approval for the proposed citation style (or clarify any differences) and then read the full citation guide at the earliest stage possible and hold the Quick Reference Guide to hand to refer to if need be. Capturing the reference citations correctly from the start of the work and throughout can give a good structure to research and it save lots of later labour.

Thank you to all involved for taking the initiative and getting the project underway.

Kind regards,

Patricia Madden