Book Discount

Eugene Stoermer <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 29 Jun 2011 14:48:02 -0400

> Dear Colleagues:
>
> A similar email is being sent to the Paleolimnology and the Diatom listservers.
>
> Early in the year, we sent a similar email to the listserver noting the publication of the much expanded and revised version of our book:
>
> The Diatoms: Applications for the Environment and Earth Sciences, 2nd Edition
>
> Editors: John P. Smol and F. Stoermer (2010)
>
> ISBN: 9780521509961
>
> Cambridge University Press
> 686 pages. 175 illustrations, 16 tables
>

> This 36 chapter much revised and expanded edition provides a comprehensive summary of the many uses of diatoms in the environmental and earth sciences.
>
> In January, for a short time, Cambridge University Press (CUP) offered a small discount on the book, but it lasted only a few weeks. I am happy to report that CUP has now re-instated a significant discount on the book (20%), if you add the code SMOL10 (so that is SMOL in uppercase followed by the number 10) on the CUP web site or on a flyer when you order. Despite the fact we are using a not-for-profit publisher, the price is still high, so the 20% helps a bit!
>
> Ordering information and other details regarding this book, please see:
> http://post.queensu.ca/~pearl/textbook.htm
> (Click on book to the right)
>
> A direct link to a pdf flyer of the book with this information is at:
> http://post.queensu.ca/~pearl/textbook%20discount%20flyer.pdf
>

> If appropriate, please pass on this information to your university library.
>
> Thanks and best wishes for the summer.
>
> John and Gene
> John P. Smol, FRSC
> Professor
> Canada Research Chair in Environmental Change
> Editor, Environmental Reviews
>
> Paleoecological Environmental Assessment and Research Lab (PEARL)
> Dept. Biology, 116 Barrie St.
> Queen's University
> Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6, Canada
> Phone: 1-613-533-6147; FAX: 1-613-533-6617
> E-mail: [log in to unmask]
>
> PEARL http://post.queensu.ca/~pearl/
> New Textbook: http://post.queensu.ca/~pearl/textbook.htm
> Environmental Reviews: http://pubs.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/rp/rp2_desc_e?er
> DPER Book Series: http://post.queensu.ca/~smolj/dper/index.html

E. F. Stoermer [log in to unmask]
Professor Emeritus Phone 734-761-9753
School of Natural Resources Cell 734276-5184 (GSM)
University of Michigan
4392 Dexter Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48103

The universe rewards us for understanding it and punishes us for not understanding it.

Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe.

ALGAE-L
Algae-L is a listerver list for the phycological community; you are receiving this message because you subscribed to the list.