Help for UCD-STAFFORDBEER Archives

UCD-STAFFORDBEER Archives

UCD-STAFFORDBEER@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

UCD-STAFFORDBEER Home

UCD-STAFFORDBEER  March 2011

UCD-STAFFORDBEER March 2011

Re: Boris - mine is bigger than your's - a morality tale!

BARRY A CLEMSON <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 3 Mar 2011 10:34:24 -0500

Roger,

You just made a fatal mistake!!

Your private gloat over Boris has been leaked to the world (well, to the Stafford list).  Now when you arrive at the CII meeting the cybernetic mechanics will be waiting to repay you for your treachery. You will be abducted, blindfolded, and conducted to Dick Cheney's (now abandoned) St Gallens safe house for a cybernetic make-over. Your S1s will be tested for malfunctions and a number of your external sensors will probably be re-programmed, your S2 will be completely rewired, S3 will probably be OK, but your S4 may need to be completely excised and replaced, and the S5 value set will certainly need to be replaced.

I am happy to say that your rehab / recovery will almost certainly take many months and will probably totally drain your bank account.

Let this be a lesson to all who would consider selling out!

Barry

PS. Roger, I really liked your little fantasy and couldn't resist continuing the story line.

On Mar 3, 2011, at 9:49 AM, Roger Harnden wrote:

> Boris,
>
> I know it was with pain and a measure of pessimism with which you let slip that you had been slighted by our mutual friends, Kate and Will.
>
> I just want to rub your nose in your misery, Borisâ˜ș
>

> As some of you know, Will and I are close neighbours in North Wales (he on the island of Anglesey and me in overlooking Snowdonia. Over the last few months we have got into the habit of going for walks in the beautiful mountain scenery, and - though please keep this from the Press - I think I can honestly say that we have become mates.
>
> Let me tell you how this started, as it tells us something about what Carl Jung called 'synchronicity'. On walks during the Autumn, Will and I we would occasionally see each other from a distance, though without knowing that we were seeing each other. Our seeing each other was a bit like a cybernetic blind spot, if you see what I mean. Then one day I rounded a large granite boulder, and there he was, sat on a large rock, violently tearing apart a sandwich and muttering to himself. Without giving myself time to reflect (quite unlike what I am with Russell!), even though I now recognised him I asked whether anything was the matter. He recognised the sincerity of my query (Vladimir had not told him of my malicious nature! [sorry, Vladimir - I had to get that one in!]) and proceeded to tell me about that "damned housekeeper" who insisted on making him the same cucumber sandwiches that his dad had been forcing on him since as long as he could remember. He turned towards me, pierced me with his regal gaze, and sternly said: "It's time for a revolution". I was suitably cowed, and unable for several seconds to do anything more than nod.
>
> Anyway, as you can imagine, what with my candour and warm spirit, one thing led to another. I happened to mention that I was a cybernetician and had been friends with the great grand-daddy of all cyberneticians, and that the latter (Stafford) had been rather an expert on revolutions, and how to achieve them with minimal deaths and maximum viability.
>
> At this, his eyes lit up, his antennae shot out (this is royalty, don't forget - don't tell anyone else, Boris, but they're not like us physically), and he interrogated me. Well, Boris, unlike you, I know which side my bread is buttered, so I looked at the descending orb of the sun bidding us farewell from over the Irish Sea, and I arranged the next time.

> [...]

BARRY  CLEMSON
Denmark Rising available at my web site
www.barryclemson.net
757-692-6673