Help for OLD-IRISH-L Archives

OLD-IRISH-L Archives

Subject: an amusing etymology
From: Dennis King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 13 Feb 2011 09:53:24 -0800

I think this "etymology" of "eyebrow" from Sanas Cormaic is a great
encapsulation of the "Isidorian / Cormacian" method.  And besides,
it's hilarious.

http://nimill.blogspot.com/2011/02/sanasaiocht-ghreannmhar.html

(I just ran the Mod. Irish text in the blog entry through Google
Translate.  The outcome *can* be successfully interpreted!)

Dennis