Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Problem separating epiphytes from Macroalgae for DNA extraction
From: Michal Ramot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 7 Feb 2011 21:44:11 +0000

Dear List Members,
  I encountered a problem during my research, which I would appreciate help on.
I am collecting macroalgae from the Mediterranean Sea for DNA analysis purposes.
The problem is that epiphytes are tightly connected to the macroalgae and I
am not able to get rid of it.
I tried, mechanical means such as needles, ultra-sonic bathing, and freezing
and drying but nothing worked properly (next on my list, cosmetic face
peeling cream:-).
 I know it's a common problem but maybe one of you has a new idea of how to
do it.

Help would be highly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Michal Ramot
Department of Ecology
Bar-Ilan University
Ramat-Gan, Israel

ALGAE-L
Algae-L is a listerver list for the phycological community; you are receiving this message because you subscribed to the list.