Help for SEANCHAS-L Archives

SEANCHAS-L Archives

Subject: Re: Star map
From: Helen McKay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 2 Dec 2010 13:51:37 +0000

Hi Marion
Sorry I know this is going to be a strange question, but I really need to
know this.  The snow your side of the world has been making news
here, as with the rest of the Irish news at the moment.  But you say
that you've also been having thunderstorms?  my question is this - can
you perhaps explain in a simple sentence or two why you are
experiencing these thunderstorms please?

OK, we had a ripper here today, I could hear the Cailleach rolling her
rocks around from across the bay, and she came right over me, and
produced such a downpour that three doors were flooded, which wasnt
very pleasant.   But here we experience a thunderstorm when a cold
antartic front comes crashing in over a warm desert front.  Further north
there is another sort of thunderstorm each evening as the cold night air
drops down on the hot day's air.  But, I cant imagine in the middle of
your cold snowy weather that you are suddenly experiencing a lovely
warm front to create the conditions of a thunderstorm.  So, hence the
question, what's happening with you?

thanks
Helen