Help for SEANCHAS-L Archives

SEANCHAS-L Archives

Subject: Grianstad le hurú ré 2010-12-21
From: Marion Gunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 21 Dec 2010 14:49:44 +0000

The eclipse was impressive this morning, Helen. One clap of thunder
accompanied it, by way of applause. Yesterday, there were a couple of
massive claps, then - while I was out shovelling snow, an almighty one,
in very still clear air and azure skies, after which the snow started up
again. I was out again clearing snow around 08:00 this morning. No sign
now (14:30) of path I cleared. I could get used to this. The neighbours
are in awe of it, wrestlin with it as with a great big fluff, muscular
angel. The children have made a towering snow god (sorry, man) at the
corner of the road. When I went out to shift snow from the driveway
again, in the dark of yesterday evening, for the third time in one day,
I was met with another willing shoveller, belonging to a family
newly-arrived next door, in his early teens and from Russia, who was out
again this morning, digging his parents' chariot out of the snow. Very
Dr Zhivago.

Pleease don't ask me to translate today's poem (copied below), which is
my latest offering in the solstice series I usually post to my GAELIC-L
companions!
mg

Grianstad le hurú ré 2010-12-21

D'fhan an ghrian ina stad os cionn na hÉireann inniu
agus í idir dhá chomhairle faoi ar cheart di filleadh
nó dul caol díreach ar aghaidh amach as an stair
le misneach an té nach feasach di cad is dán di.
mg

--

Marion Gunn * eGteo (Estab.1991)

27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn, Baile an

Bhóthair, An Charraig Dhubh,

Co. Átha Cliath, Éire/Ireland

* [log in to unmask] * [log in to unmask] *