Help for AIAI Archives

AIAI Archives

AIAI@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

AIAI Home

AIAI  October 2010

AIAI October 2010

Ian O'Neill -- DCLRS Friday 15th October DIT 4-6pm

Carl Vogel <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 13 Oct 2010 18:55:19 +0100

Apologies for cross posting!

But please do forward to any relevant lists or interested parties!

The Dublin Computational Linguistics Research Seminar DCLRS series
kicks off this week with a talk by Ian O'Neill of Queens University
Belfast. This year the DCLRS series is being organized by the AI Group
in DIT, with events taking place in KE 308 in Kevin Street. Tea and
biscuits to be provided!

Thanks to the CNGL and DIT School of Computing for all their support.
Details and maps are below. We hope to see lots of you there.

Robert Ross and John Kelleher

--- Speaker:
Ian O'Neill, School of Electronics, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science,
Queen's University Belfast.

--- Title:
From Queen's Communicator to QuADS: Object-Based Dialogue Systems at Queen's

--- Abstract
In this seminar I will review some of the approaches used at Queen's
University Belfast for the development of object-based spoken dialogue
systems.  We will look at the architecture of the Queen's Communicator
(QC) system and examine the successor to QC, ISIS-NL - the natural
language component of the much larger, EPSRC-sponsored ISIS project
(an Integrated Sensor Information System).  ISIS-NL uses a new
architecture, the forum-based Queen's Advanced Dialogue System
(QuADS), which builds on our experiences of working with QC, as well
as drawing from Bunt's Dynamic Interpretation Theory.  In the course
of the seminar I will consider some of the advantages afforded by an
object-oriented approach to dialogue management as well as considering
some of the limitations of current implementations and possible ways
forward in dialogue systems development.

--- Time and Location:
KE308, Kevin Street @ 16.00

Street View Link to DIT, Kevin Street
http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?ie=UTF8&hl=en&t=h&ll=53.337702,-6.26836&spn=0.001986,0.004479&z=18&layer=c&cbll=53.337713,-6.268467&panoid=6QNBvlH4JwJTxB6eoRHFsg&cbp=12,181.61,,1,-2.65

Map Link:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&om=1&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=113670747991678962881.00043c86ec0e91d2f4be8&source=embed&ll=53.340989,-6.263977&spn=0.015886,0.035834&z=15

Map for the room location within the Kevin Street Building:
http://www.robertjross.org/kevin-street-dclrs.png

This message has been scanned for content and viruses by the DIT Information Services E-Mail Scanning Service, and is believed to be clean. http://www.dit.ie

----- End forwarded message -----