Re: Help in identification

James Mahaffy <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 2 Jul 2010 09:17:15 -0500

Folks,

My experience in algal id stems from teaching a college course in plant Morphology. However, at least some if not all of the epiphytes are clearly green and not blue green (cyanobacteria). You can see the distinct chloroplast. they look a little to me like Oedogonium but I am not sure those filaments would be that small. The big one looks like some Clodophora like green. There are several similar genera and I don't know how to sort them out.

--
James Mahaffy ([log in to unmask]) Phone: 712 722-6279
498 4th Ave NE