Help for OLD-IRISH-L Archives

OLD-IRISH-L Archives

Subject: Re: Children of fornicant priests/clerics
From: Hilaire Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 31 Mar 2010 12:56:15 +0100

What was the position of a child of a cú glas, out of interest?

Hilaire

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Neil McLeod <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

"I don't think the law would need to scratch around for a solution
here. If the priest was kinless
and without assets (is that very likely?), his child would be in the
same position as the child of a cú glas."

The only way he could be in that position, seems to me, were if he
were visiting a territory not his own, or a foreigner. He would have
to be church-less not to have assets, for if he had a church there he
would have some wealth, and very wealthy kin.

Janet