Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: the frieze wife
From: Paul de Grae <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 19 Mar 2010 15:13:04 -0000

I'm looking at the tune family that includes "The Frieze Breeches",
"O'Gallagher's Frolics", "I Buried my Wife", etc., and wondering if anyone
knows of an earlier printed setting than O'Farrell's "The Soup of Good
Drink".  All the other settings that I know of (in Petrie, Joyce, Goodman,
O'Neill, Ryan, etc.) are later.  But I don't know everything...