Help for GAELIC-L Archives

GAELIC-L Archives

Subject: Re: [Celtic_Art] Re: Kells Image
From: Marion Gunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 23 Mar 2010 09:58:19 +0000

Scríobh Matyi Cynthia:
> Dear Marion,
> 	I can almost picture your view of "fire in the sky over the Irish
> sea".  Wish I could visit Ireland or Scotland this year but probably
> not.  For us, St. Patrick's Day this year was all about community
> getting together, kids, families, music and dance.

That's what it's all about. In my case, we made a cousin from Vancouver
the focus of our celebrations.
> 	No problem with sharing my comments especially if it brings more
> people together to celebrate and appreciate Celtic Art and culture.

The two lists are:

(a) [log in to unmask], which serves speakers of Scottish
Gaelic, Manx and Irish, as a forum on which all three communities can
share news and views, especially advance notice of and reports after events

and

(b) [log in to unmask], which is a forum for discussing the
folk traditions, songs, stories, beliefs, symbols, etc., of all 3
communities, the focus being on folk elements still alive today, or
within living memory.

Here is the formula for joining either forum: send the following command:

SUBSCRIBE SEANCHAS-L Firstname Familyname

as the sole contents of a text msg, with an empty subject line, to the
following address:

> I'll post more details about Milwaukee as soon as I get them.  Cindy
> Matyi

I look forward to that.

Thanks again.

Ádh mór,