Help for UCD-STAFFORDBEER Archives

UCD-STAFFORDBEER Archives

UCD-STAFFORDBEER@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

UCD-STAFFORDBEER Home

UCD-STAFFORDBEER  November 2009

UCD-STAFFORDBEER November 2009

Re: My newest video linking Soros with Cybernetics and Beer

Roger Harnden <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:58:25 +0000

Javier - as a layperson I think this is really good, and you manage to
get in really up-to-date insights and language of cybernetics, some of
which we have been knocking around this site. Great stuff!

Once again, Congratulations,

Roger

PS Some editorial points below if you are able to edit the video.

1. I think it is too strong to write "the man that has put the
cybernetic paradigm together'. As you go on to explain, Satafford
created management cybernetics, in other words a branch of
cybernetics. We need to be consistent with things like this, Javier.

Perhaps it might be better to say something like:

  "The foremost exponent of cybernetics in the field of society and
organisations can be seen as a new Galileo. His name is Stafford Beer,
and his creation is............"

2. "Individuals such as George Soros prove him right."

3. "Perhaps, many more people will start to listen."

4. Slide 'Soros' Thesis'.  Can you slow down the flow after the
instruction 'Please pause to read"??

5. Spelling: Slide with (beautiful) lady's face (once again, Javier!)
- 'frase' should be 'phrase'

6. Slide: Picture of Soros with hands clasped and text that starts
"Every bubble has two components". Can you slow this flow down as above?

7. In that same slide, is he right when he states 'he process is
liable to be tested by negative feedback along the way". Isn't there a
confusion of positive and negative feedback, or am I missing something?