Subject: Re: A language, type, and animation tour de force
From: Michael Brady <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 3 Nov 2009 12:24:32 -0500

On Nov 3, 2009, at 12:18 PM, Burke, Edward wrote:

>  so maybe it was a slow hand clap that was just mistaken for applause.

Nah. I was there. I heard him and thought, "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?" I
looked around astonished at the other people who were enthusiastically
applauding him (he said this very near the end of his comments). This
happened at a "summer publishing institute" sponsored by UNC in Chapel
Hill, and Reynolds Price was on the faculty at Duke, and ... hmmmmm.
Weird.

Michael Brady
http://considerthepreposition.blogspot.com/
http://thinkinglikeadesigner.blogspot.com/