Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Re: Algae production costs
From: Ami Ben-Amotz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 24 Apr 2009 17:19:16 +0300

Dear Vasco et al.,
Please see the updated detailed review information
(http://www.sei.ie/algaereport) as arrived today from Ireland.
They completed excellent review work to include macroalgae and microalgae.
Best regards,
Ami Ben-Amotz
Israel

SEI is today publishing its study “A Review of the Potential of Marine Algae
as a Source of Biofuel in Ireland “.
The study, which was prepared for SEI by a team led by BioXL Bioenergy
Consultants, considers marine macro and micro algae.  Through a supply chain
analysis it examines the current state of the art internationally in terms
of harvesting, treatment, processing and downstream marketing for these
biomass resources and presents some estimates of potential.  The most
promising conversion technologies are discussed.  The report reviews current
research, development and demonstration activity and outlines some of the
key challenges  facing the exploitation of marine algae as a source of
biofuels in Ireland.

The report can be downloaded from the SEI web site at
http://www.sei.ie/algaereport
A limited number of printed copies have been produced.  A printed copy can
be requested by email to   [log in to unmask]  (please include full postal
address).

Regards,
Pearse Buckley
Project Manager - Biomass
Sustainable Energy Ireland
Glasnevin
Dublin 9
Ireland
t + 353 1 8082012
f + 353 1 8082330
e [log in to unmask]
w www.sei.ie

Sustainable Energy Ireland promotes and assists the development of
sustainable energy.
SEI is funded by the Irish Government under the National Development Plan
with programmes part financed by the European Union.

The Energy Show 2009 April 29th and 30th RDS Dublin, a must for suppliers
and business customers of sustainable energy technologies and services.
Online registration is now available for the exhibition and seminar
programme.
Seminar places are limited so book early to avoid disappointment.