Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Algae production costs
From: Vasco Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 24 Apr 2009 14:33:39 +0100

Dear Phycologists,

I am writing a market study of algae as bio-energy source.

We would like to compare cost analyses of algae for fuel production!

Information on prodction costs, that I have assembled up to the present,
shows how biased and disputed this idea of producing fuel from algae is. Sofar
I have found that there is absolutely no economically viable production
method for producing algae for biofuel, particularly within phototrophic
approaches.

We are very pessimistic about this ambitious idea!

Any advice, info or possibly objective references on production costs of micro-
and macroalgae for biofuel would be welcome!

Thank you for your help,

Kind regards

Global Forest Care s.a.

Vasco Schmidt (MRes)