Help for UCD-STAFFORDBEER Archives

UCD-STAFFORDBEER Archives

UCD-STAFFORDBEER@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

UCD-STAFFORDBEER Home

UCD-STAFFORDBEER  December 2008

UCD-STAFFORDBEER December 2008

organisation cybernetics and identity of Metaphorum

Roger Harnden <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 8 Dec 2008 17:20:14 +0000

All - and Metaphorum Steering Group

The existing wiki, was laid out by its originators (Luc et al),
including a clearly defined table for entries on VSM systems, theory,
applications etc. And the motivation was to try and crate a space for
people interested in the legacy of SB to have a more flexible space
than Listserve alone. Further - at least so I thought - a space that
might provide a platform from which to grow collaboration, exchanging
ideas, insights, testing new theories, suggesting research projects
etc. In other words, a platform for S3 activities (as distinct from RH
and others' rants).

But so far no one has put anything on it about VSM, however flakey
(and my own stuff is endlessly flakey). Does that mean that there are
ample existing resources doing the same sort of thing we might do with
a wiki. or what? Several of us are dabbling in it in various ways, and
seeing what might or might not ensue.........but, I just sort-of feel,
that some additional space might benefit our Metaphorum community, and
expand what Listserve provides. Or is this frustration, just my own
personal thing?? Does no one else share it?? Wiki is at present a
personal exploration space - fine for those of us who are doing it in
a desultory sort of way, but not exactly pushing the boundaries.

Another issue, pointed out by Frank and others, is the issue of
identity. If we as a community wish among other things to elevate our
interactions to the status of a lure for clients or new students (ie a
PR, or marketing function), then we need either to impress some rules
and regulations here, or create a new space for such, allowing this
space to continue in its anarchistic abandon - which it sometimes does
very well.

Roger