Help for OLD-IRISH-L Archives

OLD-IRISH-L Archives

Subject: Re: The Three Little Pigs
From: Neil McLeod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 27 Nov 2008 07:06:59 +0900

Dennis King wrote:

> The Modern Irish version of the story is entitled simply "Na Trí Mhuc",
> with no mention of "little".  I would suggest following that, since
> there is no "canonical" version of the text, anyway.

If we are translating the English version into Old Irish, wouldn't it
make more sense ot translate the English title as well? 'Inna Téora
Mucca Becca.'

It might also be more immediately recognisable to the casual viewer
(with a knowledge of Old Irish ... ) should you decide to post it on
your website.

Neil