Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: Re: Eigse Dhiarmuidin CD second & third reels ABC
From: Gary Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 10 Nov 2008 02:27:30 +0000

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 22:31:22 +0100, Thomas Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Philippe Varlet asked "BTW, who is Paddy O'Donogue, the composer of
>"Counting the Coppers"?"
>
>Well, Paddy is a well known flute player and composer from Freakle, Co.
>Clare. Paddy plays a silver flute and to celebrate his 80th birthday he has
>a new CD out "Rose of Killagh" together with his son Cyril.

I don't know if he's originally from Feakle (though I think not) but he now lives in
Newmarket-on-Fergus.  One of the Kitchen Sessions was broadcast from his home on
http://www.clarefm.ie/special.php?section=the%20kitchen%20sessions .  He used to play
regularly in the Thursday session with Seamus Bugler in Shortt's in Feakle.  I'm not sure if
he still does.  He was a long-time member of the Tulla Ceili Band.