Re: amusing blog article on the OI verb

James Miller <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 3 Jul 2008 08:37:59 -0400

I haven't read it all 'cause I gotta run to work. But did I see a mistake in his example don:gniat-som, which he translates as "they make it." But "it" would be "a" leniting, right? So it should be da:gniat-som?

In fact, don:gniat-som means "they make us."

(Correct me if I'm wrong.)

-JimmyP

> Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 21:49:47 -0700
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: amusing blog article on the OI verb
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> http://landofspices.blogspot.com/2007/05/old-irish-verbal-system.html
>
> It's a year old, but timeless. It's amusing, and informative, and ...
> scary?!
>
> Oh, and recall our discussion of Old Irish as a "Classical
> Language"? ;-)
>
> Dennis

Windows Live Hotmail is giving away Zunes. Enter for your chance to win.
http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/ZuneADay/?locale=en-US&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Mobile_Zune_V3