IRTRAD-L@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

IRTRAD-L Home

IRTRAD-L  July 2008

IRTRAD-L July 2008

Re: Marty O'Malley RIP

Paul Grajciar <[log in to unmask]>

Irish Traditional Music List <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 4 Jul 2008 14:23:38 -0700

Pat & All,
 While I feel that it is important to celebrate someones life upon their passing from this world, I believe that is especially true in this community.
And although it seems not many people knew Martin O`Malley , it is a fine thing that there were more than a few paragraphs dedicated to his memory.
Last  year  when Micheal O` Domhnaill passed away and I did`nt see one bit of  shared grief in this forum which, given his stature in Irish trad , was a bit baffling to me.
This week along with Marty O` Malley, Paddy Canny passed away and the same thing occured ( or did`nt if you prefer).
 Given the fact that both of these people had significantly contributed to Irish trad and music in general,does anyone have any insight into this??
Pagra

PS..I`m not trying to light any fires here so please be civil...