Help for OLD-IRISH-L Archives

OLD-IRISH-L Archives

Subject: Re: "caveat emptor"
From: Stephen Crimmins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 9 Jun 2008 15:09:15 -0700

You'll want to read Neil's book, Early Irish Contract Law which has considerable material on the (non) rescindability of contracts and one of the factors is whether the buyer knew and whether the buyer should have known. I don't have a copy with me so I don't know if it's every concisely stated, or as a maxim, but that is the best bet.

Stephen