Help for OLD-IRISH-L Archives

OLD-IRISH-L Archives

Subject: Re: Die Sage von Cú Roí section 4f
From: Gary Ingle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 10 May 2008 12:52:22 -0700

Allowing the "la" and the "aí" to stand, "nibu maith la nach aí" ought
to mean "not one of them was pleased" but it's not a relative phrase, is it?

Cú Chulainn did not go; none of them wished it.  Finally Cú Chulainn went.

Perhaps Cú was regarded as a loose cannon?  Especially if Conall and
Lóegaire were not going?  It wouldn't be the first time CC wasn't
invited to the party.  (I haven't read ahead.)

Gary