Re: Saving the world - a bit!

"Paul A. Stokes" <[log in to unmask]>

Paul A. Stokes

Mon, 18 Feb 2008 05:12:50 -0000

I don't think Stafford, certainly in the years to his death that I knew him,
was happy to be considered a 'management consultant'. I think he appreciated
that his ideas had more general societal relevance and could be applied
there with benefit. Of course some people may choose to limit themselves to
'management consultancy' but I think this singnificantly shortchanges
Stafford's intentions and his legacy.

I have always wanted to be an agent of social change. The only difference
between me and other change agents is that they have the power but maybe not
the ideas and I have the ideas but not the power to actually implement
change. Is Barak Obama a member yet?

Anyway, this is what brought me to Stafford's work in the first place. Chile
was a milestone for me, and everything else just followed. Stafford may have
taken on more then he could chew with 'Platform for Change' but things have
changed significantly since that time.

We have been threatened with the real danger of a typical phlegmatic British
response to this issue, which we would do well to place under quarantine.
Please, lets not go THERE.

I guess this makes me no. 6.

Anyway.

Paul