Re: Insular Celtic DNA

Pamela Hanford <[log in to unmask]>

CELTIC-L - The Celtic Culture List.

Sat, 9 Feb 2008 12:33:53 -0800

This is why in some societies the king would name his nephew (the son of his
sister) as heir. That way he KNEW the lineage was at least half his. The
son of his wife "could" be the son of someone else.

Pamela Hanford, M.A. English
SCFA/CCA/CTA/NEA
CCA Part-Time Faculty Director
Chair, CCA Part-Time Issues Committee
CPFA Central CA Representative

-----Original Message-----
From: CELTIC-L - The Celtic Culture List.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bruce L. Jones
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2008 12:12 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Insular Celtic DNA

That concept of wandering activity is far more prevalent, then and now,
that anyone believed in the past. For millennia it has only been the
word of a pregnant woman to determine parentage on the male side. Now
that we have DNA proof it's being discovered that those before us we
strangers to monogamy an fidelity.

= = = = = =

Bruce L. Jones
The Mojave Desert - The Geographic Center of Nowhere

You can unsubscribe yourself by logging in on the list archives page at
https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CELTIC-L&X=36DAE1476AF514EF73,
selecting the 'join or leave Celtic-L' link and going through the
unsubscription routine there.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
11:54 AM

Checked by AVG Free Edition.