Help for GAIDHLIG-B Archives

GAIDHLIG-B Archives

Subject: Re: Bean Boireannach Mnathan
From: Michael Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 7 Nov 2007 10:05:56 -0000

As I said in a post recently, always ask yourself "who's writing this" and
"is it a translation".

This one is definitely a translation, as to the translator I'm not sure.
All expressions of time are at the beginning of the sentences, ceithir
instead of ceathrar, and a few Englishy idioms ... I'm not sure.

Mnathan sometimes spills over as "women" especially on toilet doors because
that's what would have gone on them and the Irish still do... Fir/Mná >
Fir/Mnathan

But no, generally as Eideard said, bean > mnatha, boireannach > boireannaich

le meas

Am Měcheal Eile